Friday, March 21, 2014

Discovering the WAHM

      When I started this blog 4 years ago, I was awe inspired by the moms who stay home with their children and still find the time to make an income from home.  Now, I am one of those moms and the respect is even greater than before.  Being a stay at home mom without the added "job" is WORK!  It is work without breaks, without a lunch hour, without overtime pay, without vacation time or sick time, but there is nothing better than being there for your babies "firsts", hearing the silly stories your 3 year old comes up with or volunteering at your child's school while getting to see and hear how things work there.  Now add to that the extras that come along with your wahm job and your daily to do list is quite overwhelming, (at least mine is).  I don't get everything done because there is always stuff left on my "to do" list at the end of the day. Kudos to those mamas who do!
     I'm sure at some point you may have seen those posters that say: What my friends think I do, What my mom thinks I do, What my spouse thinks I do, What my kids think I do, What I think I do, What I actually do followed by humorous pictures.  I saw one for a stay at home mom once and it made me laugh. The perception of a day home with our children is so different from the reality.  Even our own perception is some times off.  Some moms appear to have it all together and others seem like a frazzled mess.  Depending on what day you catch me, I generally fall in the middle somewhere, with tendencies toward "frazzled mess" more often then not.  I am hoping this blog can help me lean a little more toward "have it all together" a few more days a year.
      I am trying to make some changes to the blog, so if things look different - good! I have learned so much more about being a mom, being a stay at home mom and being a work at home mom, so I am hoping what I've learned can make this little blog a bigger and better blog! Here's to moms!

No comments:

Post a Comment